How You Can Help
If you are interested in making your property, of any kind, available for a communications provider to consider using to deliver services, please look at the criteria below and if your location seems to be a match, consider being part of the statewide effort to improve Vermont's communications offerings.
The list that we will accumulate is available to communications providers. The providers will contact you and you should discuss your needs and requirements with them. Regional planning commissions may also request and receive this data as they develop regional technology plans.
- Significant, 180-degree views
- 24 hour, 365 days a year access to all portions of the facility
- 360-degree views
- Proximity to electric power
- Right-of-way, vehicular access
Land for Tower Sites
- Unencumbered leased area approximately 100' x 100'
- No more than 500 feet from a public road
- Entire area at least 100 feet from property boundaries
- Within a zoning classification that allows communications structures
Building or Rooftop Sites
- At least 30 feet tall (3 to 4 stories)
- Capable of handling a minimum of 150 lbs./square ft. of roof loading if applicable
- At least a 20' x 30' area for equipment on the roof, in the building, or on the ground immediately next to the building/structure
- 60 feet in height, or greater
- Within a zoning classification that allows buildings to be modified with communications facilities
- Capable of handling side mounted antennas
- Flat roof