VTA2013-138 Business Broadband Improvement Districts
The purpose of this application process is to define Business Broadband Improvement Districts (Districts). Successful proposals will be eligible to receive support from the Vermont Telecommunications Authority (VTA) in efforts to improve available broadband Internet services within those designated Districts.
The process involves:
- Applicants will propose Districts through the Application Form below.
- Applicants that meet the criteria will be considered for District designation.
- Districts will be designated by the Agency of Administration.
- All designated Districts will be given some level of support by the VTA as it works toward identifying possible solutions.
All designated Districts will receive technical assistance. This will take the form of the VTA interfacing with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to determine the potential for future expansion or improvement of services by an ISP within a District;
As funding allows, a subset of Districts will be considered for:
A. The establishment of a Wi-Fi Hot Zone;
B. The VTA building infrastructure itself; or
C. The VTA providing other assistance, as appropriate.
Please note the two documents below:
· The short Application Form must be completed and submitted.
· The Application for Assistance is the comprehensive project description and criteria and should be reviewed carefully.
If you have questions, please submit them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 19th. Answers will be posted on this website by August 26.
July 24, 2013 -- Application for Assistance Issued
August 19, 2013 — Questions Due
August 26, 2013 — Final Q&A Response Posted
September 18, 2013—RFP responses due by 4:30pm to email@example.com